Measuring Brillouin scattered light of an optical fiber cable for strain measurement, N8510 enables extensive high-accuracy monitoring for the early detection of cracks in concrete structures, landslides on slopes along roads, and riverbank collapse.
This is a highly reliable low cost system utilizing Advantest's unique high-sensitivity coherent wave detection technology and optical switching device technology that has a high extinction ratio in order to achieve improved strain measurement reproducibility, longer distance measurements, reduced measuring time, and higher performance overall.
- Takes highly-reproducible strain measurements, allowing users to obtain stable data even when taking repeated measurements.
- Connects to up to 16 optical fiber sensors and automatically switches them for measurements in a wide area.
- Accomplishes high repeatability, allowing users to obtain stable data even when taking repeated measurements.
- Accomplishes a wide dynamic range to produce stable measurement results in a short time.
- Operates without mechanical movement, which provides the high reliability required for long time.
|Measurement functions||Strain distance distribution
Brillouin scattering spectrum
Brillouin scattering loss distribution
|Measurement wavelength||1.55 µm band|
|Strain measurement repeatability||±100με or lower|
|Strain measurement range||100με to 15,000με|
|Strain measurement linearity||±4×10-3|
|Number of measurement points||Up to 100,000 points|
This system works effectively in these areas