Advantest Corporation ("Advantest") is committed to respecting your privacy. Advantest acknowledges that information that may be used to identify you, as an individual ("Personal Information"), such as your first and last name, street address, e-mail address, or telephone number, is your private information and our intention is to collect, use, store, and manage this information appropriately.
Purpose and usage of Personal Information
Advantest will use Personal Information that you have supplied to us only for the purpose of completing obligations of developing and providing better products and services, providing useful information, and for other appropriate purposes.
Without your consent, Advantest will not use Personal Information for the purposes other than written above.
Viewing, changing and deletion of your Personal Information
If you request to see, correct or delete Personal Information that you have provided to us, we will make our best possible effort to promptly respond to your request after we confirm your identity, and we will give you our response.
For more details, please inquire at the Personal Information contact noted below.
Storing and Managing Personal Information
Advantest will store and manage with our best possible care the Personal Information that you have provided us when visiting this Site.
We have adopted strict security policies to prevent Personal Information from leaking outside our network. We have assigned Personal Information managers for each related division. These managers implement the appropriate management steps to protect Personal Information. We also provide training within the company on the importance of protecting Personal Information and are constantly striving to protect Personal Information throughout all facets of the company.
We will not disclose, provide, or transfer Personal Information that you have provided to a third party without your permission. However, if a public institution, such as a judicial court or the police, requests information in accordance with the law, Advantest will disclose or provide the Personal Information that you have provided to that public institution to the extent required.
In addition, when it is necessary to disclose to an entity to which we have entrusted business ("Business Service Provider"), such as an Advantest subsidiary, affiliate or sales agent, your Personal Information for the purpose of providing a product or service that you desire, Advantest will disclose or provide to the Business Service Provider the Personal Information you have supplied to the extent necessary for the Business Service Provider to carry out the entrusted business. When we do provide a Business Service Provider with your Personal Information, however, we will ensure appropriate management of the Personal Information by entering into a confidentiality agreement with the Business Service Provider in advance and implementing other protective measures.
* We would appreciate if you contact us in English or Japanese.
Advantest Corporation ("Advantest") is committed to strong and meaningful privacy protection for personal information we may collect from Advantest's customers, suppliers, and the individuals working for or on behalf of non-Advantest enterprises.
This Policy applies to all Advantest entities, its officers and employees worldwide. At Advantest our goal is to collect, use and transfer personal data (defined in Section 2 below) in a lawful and honest fashion.
Collection, use and transfer of personal data by Advantest, is based on the following Advantest privacy principles:
- We respect the privacy of our customers, suppliers and other individuals working for or on behalf of non-Advantest enterprises with which Advantest conducts business (collectively referred to as "enterprise personnel");
- We tell enterprise personnel what personal data we collect and why (at the point where the Personal Data is collected or otherwise by notice to the individual);
- Where appropriate, we provide enterprise personnel with a choice as to certain usages or sharing of personal data;
- We collect, use and retain only personal data that is necessary, relevant and not excessive for the business purposes for which it is to be used;
- We value and uphold information quality;
- Where we disclose personal data to service providers outside of Advantest, we require that they maintain protections consistent with this Policy;
- Where we transfer personal data to Advantest entities located in countries other than the country in which the personal data was collected, we require that they maintain protections consistent with this Policy;
- We use commercially appropriate and reasonable information security safeguards to protect the personal data we collect;
- We tell enterprise personnel how they can correct information we have about them; and
- We do not sell or lease personal data.
2. Privacy Practices
Advantest is committed to using commercially appropriate and reasonable measures to adhere to the privacy principles set forth above. To that end, Advantest has adopted the following privacy practices with regard to personal data:
A) Collection of Personal Data
For purposes of this Policy, "personal data" is information that is associated with an individual person that can potentially be used to uniquely identify, contact or locate that person. Examples of Personal Data include an individual’s government identifier (such as a social security or tax identification number), photograph or video identifiable to an individual, home address, personal cell phone number, and product and professional interests. Personal Data may also include other information related to an individual that may directly or indirectly identify the individual (e.g., purchase history, call history, etc.). This also includes any other Personal Data considered to be sensitive under local law. For purposes of this Policy, Advantest does not consider publicly available business contact information such as company name and title to be Personal Data.
Advantest collects and processes Personal Data to develop and support its relationships with the enterprises with which Advantest conducts business. Advantest limits the types of information that it collects to that information about enterprise personnel that Advantest reasonably deems necessary and relevant to serve these purposes.
B) Use of Personal Data
Advantest will only use Personal Data for legitimate business purposes and will not process Personal Data in ways that are incompatible with the purposes for which it was collected. Categories of what Advantest considers to be legitimate business purposes include:
- Developing and issuing proposals or quotations to customers or soliciting proposals or quotations from suppliers;
- Completing and/fulfilling orders
- Providing or obtaining order and/or shipment status for outstanding orders;
- Providing service, support or product updates;
- Sending marketing communications (when the enterprise personnel has the option of not receiving such communications);
- To comply with Advantest's legal or regulatory obligations; and
- To protect the vital interests of Advantest or enterprises with which Advantest has a business relationship.
C) Transfer and Disclosure of Personal Data
Advantest does not sell or lease Personal Data. Advantest may transfer Personal Data among Advantest entities, and may make Personal Data stored in one country accessible to Advantest employees or service providers in that country or in other countries unless restricted by law, regulation or contract.
Advantest may also transfer or disclose Personal Data to unaffiliated third parties in the following circumstances, unless restricted by law, regulation or contract:
- Where the third party is performing services for or on behalf of Advantest consistent with Advantest's legitimate business purposes and the transfer of Personal Data is required for the third party to perform such services;
- To comply with Advantest's legal obligations, including when necessary to abide by law, regulation or contract or to respond to a court order, administrative process or judicial process, including, but not limited to, a subpoena or a search warrant;
- With the written consent of the enterprise personnel;
- As necessary to defend against potential, threatened or actual litigation;
- When necessary to respond to an emergency that is believed to threaten risk of harm to person or property; or
- In connection with the sale, assignment or other transfer of all or part of Advantest's business.
Whenever Advantest permits a third party to access Personal Data, commercially appropriate safeguards will be followed to help ensure that the information is used for authorized purposes and by authorized persons in a manner consistent with this Policy, and that the security, integrity and privacy of the information is maintained. Appropriate safeguards include the conclusion of a confidentiality agreement with the third party in advance and implementation of other protective measures as required by law, including if necessary, an agreement with the third party on the basis of the EU Standard Contractual Clauses according to Article 26(2) of Directive 95/46/EC or any then-current EU data protection regulation or requirement.
Advantest notifies enterprise personnel from whom the Personal Data is collected (at the point where the Personal Data is collected or otherwise by notice to the individual) as to what Personal Data is collected, how it is used, how to contact Advantest, the types of third-parties to which Advantest discloses information, and the choices provided where appropriate.
Advantest gives enterprise personnel opportunities to control the use and sharing of their Personal Data. Where legally required, enterprise personnel will be required to give their explicit permission (opt-in) to having their data transferred to a third party or between Advantest entities and/or countries. Enterprise personnel can choose whether and how Advantest uses their Personal Data or shares that information with persons or entities outside Advantest when it is going to be used for a purpose that is incompatible with the primary purposes for which it was collected or as subsequently authorized by the enterprise personnel. However, Advantest reserves the right to use or share Personal Data as described under Sections 2 (B) and (C) above.
F) Access and Integrity
Advantest takes commercially appropriate and reasonable measures to ensure that all Personal Data is accurate, complete and relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. Advantest allows enterprise personnel, upon request, reasonable and appropriate access to review their Personal Data that has been collected by or on behalf of Advantest. Where appropriate, enterprise personnel are allowed to correct their Personal Data to the extent that it is inaccurate. Advantest strives to respond to access requests within a reasonable timeframe. The obligation of Advantest to respond to requests for access or correction may be limited when: the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to privacy, the rights of individuals would be violated, when necessary to protect the legal interests of Advantest, or necessary to abide by law, regulation or contract.
G) Information Security
Advantest takes reasonable security precautions to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
H) Compliance & Enforcement
From time to time, as it deems appropriate, Advantest will take commercially reasonable steps designed to:
- Verify that Personal Data is managed in a manner that is consistent with this Policy;
- Assess the effectiveness of privacy controls, which are intended to be commensurate to the risks they seek to mitigate;
- Verify that the representations that Advantest makes about its privacy practices are accurate and that privacy controls have been implemented as represented; and
- Utilize an independent dispute resolution mechanism as necessary.
Following such verification process, if necessary, Advantest will put commercially appropriate and reasonable procedures in place designed to help ensure that Advantest's representations regarding its privacy practices are accurate and that privacy controls have been implemented as represented. Advantest will monitor remediation activities to confirm compliance findings are addressed in a timely manner.
Where appropriate, Advantest will participate in relevant outside certification programs that will provide oversight to Advantest's privacy program. Advantest will cooperate with the relevant data protection authorities in investigations and resolutions of complaints relating to this Policy, and will seek to comply in good faith with the advice of these authorities, including remedial or compensatory measures for the benefit of individuals. Advantest will provide timely written confirmation of its actions to comply in good faith with the advice of the data protection authorities.
I) Contact Information
* We would appreciate if you contact us in English or Japanese.
"Cookies" are small packets of information that are stored in visitors' or users' internet-enabled equipment such as computers and smart devices when you access this website. There are two types of cookies: "session" and "persistent" cookies. A "session" cookie is stored temporarily while you are browsing the website. A "persistent" cookie is stored in your computer after you have finished browsing the website, until either a specified date or it is manually removed.
- To optimally display the website and enhance services.
- To temporarily manage the information you input.
- To display the best links for your region.
- To statistically analyze and study page viewership.
Management of Cookies
Most Internet browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. They can be configured so as to not accept cookies or alert you about cookies. However, please note that this may prevent you from having access to some site functions or features. You can also delete the stored cookies by modifying your browser settings. Please refer to your browser's online help to learn more about browser operations and settings.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies” to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
This website introduces the function to anonymize the last octet of the user’s IP Address prior to its use and storage (“IP masking”), and the information that identify specific individuals is not stored.
On behalf of Advantest, Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage to Advantest. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Furthermore you may prevent the collection and use of data (cookies and IP address) by Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under
Further information concerning the terms and conditions of use and data privacy can be found at;