Purpose & Mission : Why do we exist
Enabling Leading-Edge Technologies
We will continuously improve ourselves so that we can offer products and services that will satisfy our customers worldwide, and contribute to the development of our society through the development of the most advanced technologies.
Vision : What we want to be
Adding Customer Value in an Evolving Semiconductor Value Chain
Advantest will further contribute to the semiconductor industry by enriching, expanding, and integrating our test and measurement solutions throughout the entire semiconductor value chain.
Core Values : What we value most
- “Integrity” means honesty and truthfulness.
- When you have integrity, it means being open, honest and respectful at all times with all stakeholders.
The value of Integrity can serve as a common thread uniting people of diverse cultures, religions, and viewpoints, and it is Advantest’s core value globally.
Innovation is our Lifeblood
We challenge the status quo.
We embrace technologies and entrepreneurship to create superior customer value.
Number one is our Aspiration
We earn our leadership position in our business fields every day.
We establish an impeccable standard of excellence.
Trust is our Foundation
We are a trusted, collaborative partner.
We have confidence in each other’s capabilities and intentions.
Empowerment is our Motivation
We are empowered to make decisions with an owner’s mentality.
We own Advantest’s success.
Global is our Reach
We embrace a world of constant change.
We are always ready. Anytime. Anywhere.
Respect is our Heart
We respect different cultures, customs, and laws.
We never compromise on our ethical standards.
Inclusion and Diversity is our Commitment
We are proud of and appreciate the range of different backgrounds that our talents represent.
We believe that strength can come from differences as well as similarities.
Teamwork is our Approach
We work smart and best utilizing our talents across teams and regions to do extraordinary work.
We inspire each other, encourage openness, and recognize team results.
Yes is our Attitude
We deliver on results promised to each other.
We recognize that impossible is an opinion, and with imagination, we can change the world.
Quest for the Essence
We will invariably pursue the sources of phenomena and seek their essence, so that we can find the correct solutions.
ESG For Sustainability
In line with our Corporate Mission, we at Advantest aim to achieve sustainable growth and mid/long-term improvement of corporate value by promoting ESG management.
And, we respect each of its stakeholders and strive to maintain harmony with society in all its operations while contributing to sustainable society by supporting SDGs.
- Advantest continuously seeks ways to reduce the environmental impact on the planet and our communities where we live, work, and do business.
- Advantest fulfills social responsibilities with a presence throughout the world.
- Advantest strives to consistently deliver high-quality products and services to our customers.
- Advantest appropriately returns profits and disclose information to our shareholders and investors.
- Advantest treats our employees fairly, and ensures a positive work environment.
- Advantest collaborates and cooperates with our suppliers.
- Advantest aims to achieve a sustainable level of business development of the Company group and to enhance corporate value over the mid-to-long term. To that end, we establish a fair, efficient and transparent governance system.
We support and respect the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact (*1) and internationally recognized human rights and principles, including the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (*2), and Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs *3). In addition, we commit to fully respect and comply with the following Ethical Standards.
1. Compliance with Laws & Regulations and Good Corporate Citizenship
- (1) We strictly comply with all national laws and regulations and refrain from acting in any way that disrupts society. In addition, we work to establish in-house rules to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, actively collect information on said laws and regulations, and use education and training to ensure complete compliance with the same.
- (2) We contribute to local society by taking an interactive, communicative role.
- (3) We convey our ethical standards to companies with which we do business and work to help them understand our policies and, hopefully, implement similar activities.
2. Respect for Human Rights
- (1) We respect every individual and do not discriminate based on race, gender, age, nationality, religion, social origin, physical disability, medical condition, or sexual orientation.
- (2) We employ only people who meet the legal age standards for labor and we are not involved in forced labor, slave labor or human trafficking.
- (3) We build a strong relationship of trust and collaboration through open communication among employees and management. We respect basic labor rights such as freedom of association, rights to organize or rights to collective bargaining.
- (4) We maintain a comfortable working environment and support health, safety and sound development practices.
- (5) We do not tolerate any behavior that hurts the dignity of the individual, whether through words and actions, violence, sexual harassment, power harassment or mental abuse.
- (6) We respect personal privacy.
- (7) We abide by all ordinances and corporate regulations regarding the handling of personal information and take precautions to prevent the leakage and/or unauthorized use of that information.
3. Global Environmental Protection
- (1) We work to protect the global environment so that we fulfill our responsibility as a company and a contributor to society.
4. Quality and Safety
- (1) We promote quality control throughout the company to provide customers with maximum satisfaction with our products and services.
- (2) We commit to the highest safety standards in our products and services. We work to minimize the likelihood of workplace accidents or customer complaints, investigate the causes of any such incidents and institute measures to prevent reoccurrences.
5. Information Disclosure
- (1) We commit to healthy transparency in our corporate activities, disclosing relevant company information through specified Procedures.
6. Appropriate Accounting and Taxation Processing
- (1) We comply with appropriate accounting and taxation practices according to applicable laws, accounting regulations and company rules.
- (2) We implement internal controls to ensure that we are in compliance with all ordinances regarding our corporate activities, financial reporting and conducts.
7. Opposition to Antisocial Forces and Movements
- (1) We have absolutely no relationships with antisocial forces and movements, such as organized crime groups, group that produces such as terrorism and cyber attacks.
- (2) We adamantly refuse to purchase literature from, make contributions or pay membership fees to or comply with any other demands of antisocial forces and movements.
8. Truthful Publicity
- (1) We provide accurate and truthful publicity activities, including any advertising in brochures and sales promotion kits of our products and services.
9. Fair Trade with Customers
- (1) We comply with the fair-trade laws of Japan and other countries in which we operate.
- (2) We are fair in our pricing and quantity of products and services.
- (3) We do not act unfairly, such as providing false or misleading information regarding products and services from other companies or ourselves.
10. Fair Trade with Suppliers
- (1) We exercise fair and reasonable judgment in selecting suppliers and assessing factors such as pricing, quality and delivery date.
- (2) We treat suppliers fairly by upholding all agreed-upon conditions.
- (3) We do not perform reciprocal trades with suppliers, such as requiring them to purchase our products or services.
- (4) We do not place unfair pressure on suppliers.
11. Gifts, Entertainment and Political Contributions
- (1) We neither accept nor give any business partner an item, cash, entertainment or other gift exceeding generally accepted value.
- (2) We will not take any part in bribery with our customers, our suppliers or any other persons we have dealings with.
- (3) We do not make any donations to politicians or political organizations, apart from those permitted by law.
12. Relationships with Distributors
- (1) We do not attempt to maintain prices for our products and services by treating distributors unfairly.
- (2) We do not place unfair pressure on distributors nor coerce them into unfair transactions.
13. International Trade
- (1) We comply with international trade laws related to importing and exporting.
- (2) We follow legal procedures when importing or exporting all freight and/or service (software, drawings, reference materials, instructions, etc.).
- (3) We maintain in-house import and export control rules and criteria.
14. Protection of Assets and Confidentiality
- (1) We protect and manage Advantest's tangible assets and intellectual property rights (patents, design proposals, designs, trademarks, copyrights, etc.).
- (2) We do not violate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- (3) We do not disclose our company’s or our business partners’ confidential information.
15. Appropriate Use of Computer Systems
- (1) We maintain the confidentiality, security and availability of our computer systems (e.g., hardware, software, networks, storage media, documentation and manuals) in accordance with the Information Security Basic Policy.
- (2) We comply with users’ agreements and do not violate copyrights by illegal duplication or any other method when using computer software.
- (3) We do not use illegal software.
- (4) We use IT devices and Internet responsibly.
- (5) We do not use the corporate mail system for purposes unrelated to our work.
16. Avoiding Conflicts of Interest
- (1) We do not behave in ways that damage the company or our customers for the sake of personal benefit.
- (2) We do not perform insider trading, such as using confidential information in purchasing or selling shares.
17. Consultation and Reporting (Corporate Ethics Helpline)
- (1) In light of this ethical standards, if in the course of our duties we suspect that any violation of laws, regulations, or corporate ethics has occurred, we will consult with our supervisors or the related department(s), or use the Corporate Ethics Helpline to report the incident to and / or discuss it with the Corporate Ethics Consultation Office or External Reporting Desk.
- (2) An External Reporting Desk is established for the use of business partners and other external parties to report violations, and will be appropriately operated.
- (3) The Company shall strictly observe the privacy of any person making a report or consultation as above, and will not treat such persons adversely (e.g. by transferring, demoting, or dismissing them, or suspending transactions with them) for having reported an incident or sought consultation regarding a potential violation.
- (*1) The United Nations Global Compact is a voluntary initiative based on CEO commitments to implement universal sustainability principles and to undertake partnerships in support of UN goals.
- (*2) The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, which was adopted by the UN General Assembly on 10 December 1948, was the result of the experience of the Second World War.
- (*3) UNGPs is an instrument consisting of 31 principles implementing the United Nations 'Protect, Respect and Remedy' framework on this issue of human rights and transnational corporations and other business enterprises.