TOKYO, Japan – March 17, 2022 – Leading semiconductor test equipment supplier Advantest Corporation (TSE: 6857) has expressed its deepest sympathies to those affected by the 7.4-magnitude earthquake that struck central Japan on March 16th.
Following the earthquake, Advantest immediately proceeded to ascertain any damages caused to company personnel and assets through the Crisis Management Headquarters headed by President Yoshiaki Yoshida. As of 13:00 on March 17th, the company’s head office in Tokyo, its Gunma R&D Center, Saitama R&D Center, and Gunma Factory were operating normally, having suffered no impact from the earthquake.
(1) Status of Sendai Office (Aoba Ward, Sendai City, Miyagi Prefecture)
- ① All employees confirmed safe The company has confirmed the safety of all employees at the Sendai office and their families.
- ② Facilities essentially undamaged Although some damage was found inside the building, it will not have a significant impact on Advantest’s business. There are no power or water outages.
(2) Supplier status / impact on production
- Advantest is currently in contact with its suppliers in the region to ascertain their status. If there is any impact on production, the company will announce it in a timely manner.
(3) Impact on business performance
- It is unlikely that the earthquake will have a significant impact on business performance, but if the situation changes such that impacts would be felt, it will be announced in a timely manner.
About Advantest Corporation
Advantest (TSE: 6857) is the leading manufacturer of automatic test and measurement equipment used in the design and production of semiconductors for applications including 5G communications, the Internet of Things (IoT), autonomous vehicles, high performance computing (HPC) including artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, and more. Its leading-edge systems and products are integrated into the most advanced semiconductor production lines in the world. The company also conducts R&D to address emerging testing challenges and applications; develops advanced test-interface solutions for wafer sort and final test; produces scanning electron microscopes essential to photomask manufacturing; offers system-level test solutions and other test-related accessories. Founded in Tokyo in 1954, Advantest is a global company with facilities around the world and an international commitment to sustainable practices and social responsibility. More information is available at www.advantest.com.
Note: All information supplied in this release is correct at the time of publication, but may be subject to change.