Advantest Receives “IR Good Visual Award”
TOKYO, Japan – April 8, 2022 – Leading semiconductor test equipment supplier Advantest Corporation (TSE: 6857) was honored at the 9th “IR Good Visual Awards,” sponsored by the IR Good Visual Award Executive Committee (Japan Investor Relations Association, Value Create Inc.).
The IR Good Visual Awards spotlight IR materials that effectively convey corporate value, even at the level of a single slide. By rewarding good IR practices, they aim to provide specific hints to IR personnel everywhere.
Advantest was recognized for a slide showing capital policy and capital allocation in a presentation explaining the company's second mid-term management plan, which sets forth medium- to long-term capital allocation based on a comparison with the previous mid-term management plan.
Advantest’s winning slide is shown below.
Comments and recommendations from the award judges on this slide:
- The text on the left and the chart on the right are well-balanced, both in terms of quantity and quality.
- The font and line spacing are well-considered, making the text concise and easy to read. However, it would be easier to compare the KPI target values for B/S if the latest value were also given.
- The best thing about this slide is that the results of the previous mid-term plan are given, and it shows how these are forecast to change under the new mid-term plan.
- Although this slide deals with general information, it is packed with rich content. This one slide could start an insightful discussion for investors.
- Many companies use waterfall charts, but when the figures are positive, as in this case, it is easier to understand when upward arrows are used.
Advantest will continue to strive to provide information that is valuable and easy to understand from the perspective of shareholders and investors.
* Further information about the IR Good Visual Awards:
https://www.valuecreate.net/news/page.php?id=1027 (Japanese only)
About Advantest Corporation
Advantest (TSE: 6857) is the leading manufacturer of automatic test and measurement equipment used in the design and production of semiconductors for applications including 5G communications, the Internet of Things (IoT), autonomous vehicles, high performance computing (HPC) including artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning, and more. Its leading-edge systems and products are integrated into the most advanced semiconductor production lines in the world. The company also conducts R&D to address emerging testing challenges and applications; develops advanced test-interface solutions for wafer sort and final test; produces scanning electron microscopes essential to photomask manufacturing; and offers system-level test solutions and other test-related accessories. Founded in Tokyo in 1954, Advantest is a global company with facilities around the world and an international commitment to sustainable practices and social responsibility. More information is available at www.advantest.com.
Note: All information supplied in this release is correct at the time of publication, but may be subject to change.